What you'll learn
Interpreting in child protection can be challenging and rewarding. There are procedures which must be adhered to and specific jargon interpreters will need to be familiar with.
What is a LAC review? A Child Protection Conference? What is the role of the Independent Reviewing Officer? What constitutes a ‘Child In Need‘ and what happens once a child is identified as such?
What should you do if you have concerns about a child – who do you raise them with and how?
During this live webinar you’ll learn about the processes, language and potential dilemmas for interpreters working in child protection. Both before and during the webinar you will have opportunity to share your questions and any ethical dilemmas in relation to child protection. In fact why don’t you email them to us now?! Email: email@example.com
We are delighted to welcome Ella Savell-Boss, an NSPCC Accredited Safeguarding Trainer, previous Children’s Services Manager and Director of Safeguarding. Ella is an international safeguarding trainer and we look forward to benefiting from her experience and wealth of knowledge.
- To understand safeguarding and child protection when working with young people and supporting them and their families
- A knowledge of Legislation and guidance regarding safeguarding and child protection
- Insight into what to expect from working with young people and families in the child protection arena
- An opportunity to discuss what to do and how to do it
Get £10 off when you sign up for all 3 of our Spring Term webinars! Click here for more info or to register!
- This qualifies for 2 structured points