Linguistpd webinars are designed to make your professional development as simple and convenient as it can be. We offer a range of courses in the form of webinars on innovative subjects which you can “attend” in the comfort of your own home.
Find out how it works or scroll down for our latest webinars
We are currently offering tutorials on Remote Interpreting & Using Zoom!
Has your face-to-face work has now dramatically reduced? Are you considering working remotely from home? What sort of technology will you need? How does it differ from face-to-face interpreting?
Wendy Ledeux has 14 years’ experience of video relay interpreting as well as extensive experience using Zoom hosting Linguistpd webinars and is happy to share that experience with you on a 1:1 basis!
Remote Working & Using Zoom – Individual Tutorials at a variety of times
- Date: 14 April 2020
- Time: 09:00-18:00
- Cost: £35
- Cost (US): £25
Has your face-to-face work now dramatically reduced? Are you considering working remotely from home? What sort of technology will you need? How does it differ from face-to-face interpreting?
Wendy Ledeux has 14 years’ experience of video relay interpreting as well as extensive experience using Zoom hosting Linguistpd webinars and is happy to share that experience with you on a 1:1 basis! You’ll learn about the technological requirements of remote interpreting, how to assess your own suitability, discuss practical and ethical considerations and much more!
NB The date/times are illustrative. Pick a time to suit you both.
We are currently fully booked for this tutorial until w/c July 13th 2020.
Looking After Ourselves with Tenderness & Acting with Courage – 4 hour Introductory Workshop
Delivered by Dr Wendy McIntosh
- Course date(s): Friday 26 June 2020 09:15-13:30
- Duration: 4 hours
- Cost: £75
“Life changing, people centred, honest & evocative”. “This was the most engaging and empowering workshop I’ve ever done – due to Wendy’s incredible way of organically facilitating the learning, and enable insights to naturally emerge… ” Book your place on our summer 2020 workshops.
How do you hold the boundary and find the courage to say ‘No’ when needed?
What does self care look like and why is it so important?
Our popular trainer Wendy develops the following themes:
- Vicarious Trauma/Compassion Fatigue
- Transference & Counter Transference – what happens between you and your clients
- What your Limbic System is for and how it responds to stressful situations
- Burnout – why it happens and how to reduce the risk
Friday 26th June 09:15-13:30 (with a break)
Wendy also develops a new theme of acting with courage and finding your voice. We’re looking forward to hearing more!
NB if you’d like to examine these topics in further detail, you can join sessions 2 and 3. See the relevant course pages for more information.
Course Cost: £75
Learning Outcomes include:
- An appreciation of the role of courage in our professional practice
- An awareness of the theory underpinning themes of vicarious trauma, boundaries and transference.
Sessions 2 and 3 will cover the above in more depth and the following:
- To explore how vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue and stress may challenge the notion of being tender with self
- To identify and begin to practice strategies for maintaining boundaries with tenderness for self and clients (thus decreasing risk of vicarious trauma, compassion fatigue)