Interpreting in Police Settings – The Police Perspective Part 2
This course is delivered by: DI Emma Gilbert & Wendy Ledeux
Wendy meets DI Emma Gilbert again to find out what progress has been made regarding aspects of Police Interpreting and access for Deaf people to Police Forces.
We discuss intermediaries, Child Protection resources available in BSL for children and parents, access to the 999/101 services and more.
Please note: This course is an audio recording with video resources.
- A knowledge of further developments within Police Interpreting
- Awareness of the role of an intermediary in police and court settings
- How video relay services are being introduced to Police forces
- An update on the Police Liaison Officers for Deaf People (PLOD) initiative
- Additional resources relating to Police Interpreting to further your CPD.
Completion of this course will give you a minimum of 2 hours’ structured CPD points. You will also be provided with a number of resources for you to gain further unstructured CPD points.