What you'll learn
Perhaps now more than ever, we are aware of how technology enables us to work nationally and internationally without leaving our front doors.
Hear from your fellow interpreters in France, the US and the UK about how the video relay industries in their countries began and what impacts their practice in more recent times.
In our UK section, we discuss how COVID has affected video relay interpreting and individual interpreters, and how you can adapt to the future working landscape.
In this online course you will:
- Learn about the video interpreting market and how it is funded in the UK, US and France
- Learn how the COVID19 pandemic has initially affected remote & video relay interpreting in the UK.
- Hear advice from an experienced VRS/Remote Interpreter regarding developing yourself further in this field and adapting to its future
- Examine some pros and cons of video relay interpreting when used in police settings.
- This qualifies for 1.5+ structured points